[Tizen Application-dev] OBS Light build server query

Dominig ar Foll (Intel OTC) dominig.arfoll at fridu.net
Fri Aug 10 10:46:27 GMT 2012

Le 10/08/2012 10:09, Vijayakumar ZANVAR a écrit :
> I followed the steps mentioned in https://lists.tizen.org/pipermail/application-dev/2012-May/000140.html to install OBS build server.  I get the following error while creating link.
hum that mail is old and was dealing with the beta release, since the
installtion of FakeOBS has been included in the installation of the OBS
Light server by default.
This means that you may have installed twice FakeOBS (what should not be
an issue but may have some untested side effect)

Up-to-date installation instructions for obslightserver are located here :

http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:OBS_Light_Appliances#OBS_Light_server_appliance

Could you tell us what version of the obslightserver appliance you have
used and which virtualisation tool and which PC configuration you run it
on. It should work with all of them but it may help to track your problem.

> obslight-fakeobs createlink
>
> This machine seems to be an OBS appliance
> trying to automatically create a link to the fakeobs...
> Listing OBS projects to see if we can connect to...
> SSL Error: unexpected eof
> Cannot contact OBS API
This is strange it seems that the system cannot contact the obsserver.
It looks like a network error which is very surprising as we run the
obslightserver and the fakeobs on the same host.

I assume that you have respected the minimum RAM requirement (2GB for
the VM) ...

Let check that obslightserver is actually running.
While you are connected as root on your obslightserver via ssh, type
  cd /root
  rm .oscrc
  osc ls
when you are asked for info
  api        = https://obslightserver:444
  user      = Admin
  passwd = opensuse

You should see a list which includes a few remote projects such as :
   MeeGo_DOD | MeeGo_DOD:1.2 | MeeGo_DOD:1.2.0 | MeeGo_DOD:1.2.0:oss |
MeeGo_DOD:1.2:oss |

If you do not get that response it means that you obslightserver
appliance is not responding or is not visible. Check to run
   - you have enought RAM and the following service are up and running
     apache, obsserver obsworker and fakeobs
   - your VM is configured to use a NAT interface, it should be a bridge
(or your need the correct NAT routing in place for the ports 22, 443,
444, 82, 8000, 8001 and 8002)
   - your VM host has a firewall
   - ping obslightserver (best is to have the correct dns config or a
static mapping)
   - if you have configured a firewall open the ports 22, 443, 444, 82,
8000, 8001 and 8002
   - if you have configured a proxy add obslightserver in the no proxy list

Once that the "osc ls" command works you know that your API is available.

Then you can rerun the command
  obslight-fakeobs createlink

> Questions:
>
> 1) What is the significance of creating a link?
The Link allows to access FakeOBS image from the OBS Light server.
Without it you cannot branch packages in your obslightserver to create
your own version of packages pre-delivered via a FakeOBS image.
Note: this limitation will be removed in the coming release of FakeOBS,
but they are many good reasons to keep running your own private
obslightserver. One of them is that you can keep full private versions
of Tizen releases under your control.
> 2) What could be reason for above error?
I hope that the process given before has already solved your issue.

For me the most probable reason, is that you have entered erroneous
parameters in the file .oscrc without reasing it (I would be very
interesting to know how to landed where you are) and then the connection
to tha obslightserver API fails.

Your VM network config is incorrect.

Not enough RAM and some services are killed.

> Please note that rcfakeobs status is running:
>
> # rcfakeobs status
> Checking for service fakeobs                               running
> #
That is nice but the error that you have is related to obslightserver
and not to fakeobs. We run both server on the obsserver appliance.
Thanks to let us know how you progress.

Regards

-- Dominig
   Senoir Software Architect