[Tizen Application-dev] The new release of OBS Light adds local build of Tizen without requiring any OBS server.
Dominig ar Foll (Intel OTC)
dominig.arfoll at fridu.net
Fri Aug 10 13:02:06 GMT 2012
we are pleased to announce the new releases of OBS Light (0.5.3) and
Fake OBS (0.6.0).
This new version allows to branch any packages delivered via a Fake OBS
images directly in OBS Light client without passing via an OBS server in
OBS Light client now also creates repositories where your locally built
packages are published. These local repo can be used to create image
with Mic (which is integrated in the GUI) or to download the custom
packages direclty on your target with zypper.
You will find more information about OBS Light at:
Summary of changes:
Now you can build packages with OBS Light and fakeobs (without an OBS
You can find fakeobs project archives at http://tizen.fridu.net/.
- OBS Light 0.5.3:
- Build against openSUSE i586 and Fedora (Devel).
- Added status "No build section" when package has no script in the
- Added pre-configured servers in wizard.
- Accelerated retrieval of project list from server.
- Removed useless buttons from UI.
-OBS Light fakeobs 0.6.0:
- Implemented _buildinfo request to allow building without a real OBS.
- Packaged for Ubuntu and Fedora.
- Added web UI on port 8000.
- Improved post grab/import/remove operations speed by optimisation
of the generation of packages-git/mappingscache.xml.
- Added date in archive names.
- Improved error reporting after a grab.
- Added check of rsync URL before doing grab.
- Deactivated SSL checks when creating fakeobs project link.
- Changed postinstall script to update
- Made grab fix project _meta if grabbing a project with a fakeobs
- Created alternative repositories in
More compatible with OBS live repositories.
To install or update:
You can find an appliance including OBS Light here:
Do not hesitate to submit bugs or suggestions for improvements on our
Your feedback is welcome.
With thanks, the OBS Light Team.
Dominig ar Foll
Senior Software Architect
Open Source Technology Centre
More information about the Application-dev