[Tizen Application-dev] Tetris for TIZEN

Mike Sheldon elleo at gnu.org
Thu Aug 16 13:22:32 GMT 2012

On Thu, 2012-08-16 at 15:01 +0200, SaschaP wrote:
> I know, js-tetris is only html and not html5.
> I just want to know if that's the reason
> that the app-reaction is that slow!
> But I guess not, because all the
> demo apps (bubblewrap, hangoman, rabbit...)
> run also VERY slow on my dev-device with 20120425 and 20120613(1_0)
> firmwares!

 I haven't checked to see if this is the case specifically in the Tizen
environment, but in other WebKit based systems most CSS transformations
aren't hardware accelerated by default. You have to use a little hack of
specifying a Z translation of 0 ("translateZ(0)") to force them in to a
3D context in which they can then be accelerated.

 None of the demo games that I've seen implement this optimisation, and
so can end up with quite poor performance.

 I made a quick comparison video showing the improvements possible with
the hangman demo (running under TizMee, my Tizen compatibility layer for
MeeGo): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foRqP2TUW6s

 You can grab my modified version of the hangman app here:
http://mikeasoft.com/~mike/tizmee/hangman2.wgt

 Which might help you to find out if this hack will be of assistance on
an actual Tizen device (I don't have one to test with myself).

Cheers,
 Mike.