[Tizen Application-dev] SECURITY_ERR: DOM Exception 18

Schaufler, Casey casey.schaufler at intel.com
Tue Feb 14 16:44:24 GMT 2012

No. Absolutely not.

Imagine a good application that gets compromised by an evil
hacker. The compromised application might try to send private
information somewhere that the evil hacker could access it.
If the compromised application gets a security denial today
the private information is safe. If the application could
simply turn around and tell the system that it should have
the denied access just because it wants it now the ill gotten
information can flow freely into the evil hacker's hands and
there is nothing that a good programmer can do to stop it.

Remember that what is convenient for the good programmer is
often enabling for the evil programmer.