[Tizen Application-dev] node-webkit (was Re: How about NodeJS?)

t at batwana.com t at batwana.com
Sat Jan 21 12:01:51 GMT 2012

> Here is our project you might be interested in:
>
> https://github.com/rogerwang/node-webkit
>
> It's a WebKit module for NodeJS. With it, you can write your UI with
> HTML/CSS/JS and call Node modules directly from there. We believe
> that
> the async I/O framework in NodeJS and the Javascript programming
> language is a perfect combination for client (mobile) side
> applications. By bringing WebKit to NodeJS, a new way is avaliable to
> write applications with web technology.
>
> Original announcement in Node community:
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/nodejs/browse_thread/thread/8b2ed17b7dddc325

Thank you for the link Roger, that does look like a very interesting
project. I agree with you, this would be an excellent way of creating
mobile applications. If the same applications can be run on the desktop
without changes that's better still.

Is the plan for node-webkit to be included with Tizen by default?