[Tizen Application-dev] Confusion about Image creation and SDK package management

Roland Kloeters roland.kloeters at xcom.de
Fri Jul 6 06:37:03 GMT 2012

Hi folks,

I am a bit confused about usage of the Eclipse based SDK and the package
manager being used on a real device.

I read the Tizen Wiki on creating your own image for a Tizen device.
Sounds not that complicated except that rpm packages are being mentioned
for adding to the kickstart file.
I wonder what that comes from as all the packages you create by using
the Tizen SDK are apt/debian packages.
Has there to be an update of the SDK or is there a mix of package
managers for creating platform applications and creating a device image?
If so: WHY???

Looking forward to your responses
Roland