[Tizen Application-dev] Upgrading the Tizen Image in the Emulator

Roland Kloeters roland.kloeters at xcom.de
Tue Jul 10 21:38:14 GMT 2012

Hi Daniel,

I did indeed. Thx to Hermet and Rasterman from here again.

Progress is good. The development of my applications is going on. I will
be looking forward to contributing it back to Tizen to be included in
the Core.

I am working on applications for a OpenVPN frontend and a Mail-Client
based on VMime (supporting gssapi for authentication).
Is there any interest of having that as part of Core Tizen?

Back to the original question:
Upgrading the Emulator is still a point on my list as I would like to
have an emulator that is close to the original hardware.
The emulator still has a deb package based core and the lunchbox - I
applied for one but still have no reply on the progress which is really
bad - resides on a RPM based package management.
I placed a question about that on the general list. There is also no
reply about that... (keeping my comments for me)

So upgrading the emulator to the standard image being used in the
lunchbox seems absolutely neccessary for me. Any disagreement?

It would be really good to have as I work on installing Tizen on my
Nexus S in the next days.

Can you or someone else give me direction where the emulator is going to?

Kind regards
Roland

Am 10.07.2012 15:31, schrieb Daniel Juyung Seo:
> Hello Roland Kloeters,
> I think you got the answer from EFL mailing list using elm_layout.
> How is your progress?
>
> Daniel Juyung Seo (SeoZ)
>

> On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 3:59 PM, Roland Kloeters<roland.kloeters at xcom.de>  wrote:
>> Hello folks,
>>
>> as my tries to create a Tizen native app that takes notice of the indicator
>> space do not lead to any success, it seems that there is a problem with the
>> Tizen image.
>>
>> Is there a possibility to uprade the Tizen image in the emulator?
>>
>> Thx and kind regards
>> Roland

XCOM AG
Roland Kloeters
Parkstr. 42
47877 Willich
Deutschland
Fon: +49 (0) 2154 / 9209 - 9712
Fax: +49 (0) 2154 / 9209 - 77
http://www.xcom.de

*** XCOM AG Legal Disclaimer ***

Diese E-Mail einschliesslich ihrer Anhaenge ist vertraulich und ist
allein für den Gebrauch durch den vorgesehenen Empfaenger bestimmt.
Dritten ist das Lesen, Verteilen oder Weiterleiten dieser E-Mail
untersagt. Wir bitten, eine fehlgeleitete E-Mail unverzueglich
vollstaendig zu loeschen und uns eine Nachricht zukommen zu lassen.

This email may contain material that is confidential and for the sole
use of the intended recipient. Any review, distribution by others or
forwarding without express permission is strictly prohibited. If you are
not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and delete all
copies.

Hauptsitz: Bahnstrasse 37, D-47877 Willich, USt-IdNr.: DE 812 885 664
Kommunikation: Telefon +49 2154 9209-70, Telefax +49 2154 9209-900,
www.xcom.de
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Krefeld, HRB 10340
Vorstand: Matthias Albrecht, Dirk Franzmeyer, Dr. Rainer Fuchs, Marco
Marty, Dirk Werner
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates: Stefan H. Tarach