[Tizen Application-dev] Execute C/C++ like JNI

Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) tizen at rasterman.com
Thu Jul 19 05:57:10 GMT 2012

On Thu, 19 Jul 2012 08:41:34 +0300 Shinya Hasegawa
<Shinya.Hasegawa at redbend.com> said:

> Hi all,
>
> I am wondering if there is a way to execute C/C++ code from TIZEN which it is
> officially supported. We were considering to use TIZEN platform with our
> products. Then C code needs to be called from TIZEN. I prefer it works like
> JNI. Please let me know if you have any idea.

calling native code from html5 apps has been explicitly talked about and barred.
there can be none of that. what you probably want is native applications. these
are full native binaries like anything else on linux (or .exe's for the windows
world people).

all the apps the tizen reference platforms shipped with and the emulator
shipped with are native apps. they are normal executables. it is not a pure
html environment unlike what the publicity seems to lead people to believe.

the native applications that ship with tizen today (browser included) are
written in c/c++ and use regular c libraries. the libraires they use for doing
a lot of their work are EFL (http://www.enlightenment.org). This provides
mainloop, thread abstractions, communication stack, rendering, widgets,
abstracted layout, input method integration etc. etc. etc.

--
Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) <tizen at rasterman.com>