[Tizen Application-dev] Tizen architecture

Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) tizen at rasterman.com
Sat Mar 10 23:38:02 GMT 2012

On Sun, 11 Mar 2012 09:42:45 +0400 Alexey Perevalov
<alexej.perevalov at gmail.com> said:

> I have a question about type of linux kernel used in Tizen Beta.
> In console I see
> Linux 10.0.2.16 2.6.32.9 #1 PREEMPT Wed Feb 22 18:41:42 KST 2012 i686
> GNU/Linux
> Is it vanilla kernel? If not where can I get sources of the kernel?

somewhere in git under emulator sources. can't remember now exactly, but hunt a
bit. it's not a vanilla kernel - it has had work done.

> And I have another question about installed application. Android creates
> new user per application, and each application has own uid. Tizen's ps
> shows me what application run under app user. Where can I see documentation
> on issue?

yes - they all run as a "user id". no docs there other than this is how it
works. not really an "issue" - it's how its designed. it's not android. :)

--
Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) <tizen at rasterman.com>