[Tizen Application-dev] Tizen developer device : setting the clock over the network

Ken Harris kjh at hokulea.org
Wed May 16 16:33:40 GMT 2012

I wanted to set the clock on the Tizen developer device over the
network.  I looked for an NTP client in busybox, but it doesn't seem
to be enabled.  However, there is "rdate" in busybox (but no symlink).

I enabled an rdate server on a Linux machine on my LAN :

1. edit /etc/xinetd.d/time-dgram and /etc/xinetd.d/time-stream and set
"disable = no"
2. restart xinetd

To set the clock:

1. Log in to the Tizen developer device (via "sdb shell", telnet, etc)
2. invoke "busybox rdate host" (where "host" is the host with the
rdate server running).

It would be nice to have an NTP client.  Either the one built into
busybox, or "Chrony" ( http://chrony.tuxfamily.org/ ), which is
allegedly better for machines with intermittent network connections.

Cheers,
Ken