[Tizen Application-dev] Tizen developer device : setting the clock over the network

Ken Harris kjh at hokulea.org
Wed May 16 22:42:35 GMT 2012

Well... NTP is in the connman source, but the Tizen dev device version
of connman doesn't seem to do NTP.

First, the Tizen connman doesn't seem to see the NTP servers option on
the DHCP offer ( check the output of  "dbus-send --system
--type=method_call --print-reply --dest=net.connman  /
net.connman.Manager.GetProperties" ).

Second, it looks like the Tizen dev device doesn't have the NTP
"plugin" (ie, /usr/lib/connman/plugins contains "ethernet.so
loopback.so telephony.so",  but not ntpd.so )

It would also be nice to support the "NITZ, or Network Identity and
Time Zone" protocol : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NITZ (if they
enable the GSM modem).