[Tizen Application-dev] How to use TIZEN appservice?

Fan, Yugang yugang.fan at intel.com
Wed Nov 7 01:49:50 GMT 2012

Hi, All

I want to use "<tizen:appservice />" element of https://developer.tizen.org/documentation Tizen Web App Programming > Application Development Process > Setting Widget Configuration > editing the TIZEN to dry run the appservice functions, but I not sure what is the expected scenario? for example, my understanding is:

1.       Install a app-1 which include a config.xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<widget xmlns="http://www.w3.org/ns/widgets" xmlns:tizen="http://tizen.org/ns/widgets" id="http://yourdomain/aa3" version="1.0" viewmodes="fullscreen">

<icon src="icon.png"/>

<content src="index.html"/>

<name>aa3</name>

<tizen:application id="KDwIsHEiBq" required_version="1.0"/>

<tizen:setting screen-orientation="landscape" contextmenu="enable"/>

<tizen:appservice src="view.html" operation="http://tizen.org/appcontrol/operation/view" mime="image/jpg"/>

</widget>

2.       Launch a app-2 which has a jpg image on web UI.

3.       Click the jpg image of the app-2, after that, the web runtime will launch the app-1's view.html page to view the jpg image.

Is above scenario right?

A.      If wrong, Anyone can help to clarify what is the right scenario? The more detail the better & thanks

B.      If right, how does WRT manage the apps when there are more than one app has the same appservice operation(mime)?

Best regards,
Yugang