[Tizen Application-dev] [Tizen General] chroot problem

VanCutsem, Geoffroy geoffroy.vancutsem at intel.com
Mon Nov 19 15:37:10 GMT 2012

2) The second problem is that chroot created by "gbs build" does not have essential commands like, apt-get, wget or zypper.  https://source.tizen.org/documentation/reference/git-build-system/usage/gbs-chroot explains about installing required packages inside the chrooted environment using zypper.  However, the chroot is not preinstalled with zypper or apt-get!

[Qiang] You can use --extra-packs to install extra package you want, like:

$ gbs build --extra-packs=zypper,vim,wget ...

[Geoffroy] It would be nice to have a minimal/functional chroot created by default, one that would include some of these basic packages like wget, zypper, vim, less, ifconfig, etc.
3) How do I setup network access inside the chroot?  (I have copied host machine's /etc/resolv.conf to chroot.)
[Qiang] From our testing, /etc/resolv.conf is enough for network access. Any other issue?
[Geoffroy] Could you share with us what extra packages (if any) you typically install to enable this?

Thanks,
Geoffroy
Intel Corporation NV/SA
Kings Square, Veldkant 31
2550 Kontich
RPM (Bruxelles) 0415.497.718.
Citibank, Brussels, account 570/1031255/09