[Tizen Application-dev] Link not working?

Daehyeon Jung darrenh.jung at samsung.com
Mon Oct 15 06:37:32 GMT 2012

Hi Vijay,

The link seems to be broken and I am looking into what happened. Meanwhile, check this page in Tizen SDK's Help Contents
http://127.0.0.1:58104/help/topic/org.tizen.platform.programming/html/platform_dev_env/gbs_installation.htm

For your convenience, I'll put into here them.

Installing GBS
You can run GBS natively in many Linux distributions:
Ubuntu versions 12.04 (LTS) and 11.10 (non-LTS)
OpenSUSE version 12.1
Note
GBS does not currently run natively on Fedora.

To install GBS:
Retrieve the repository (the .bin file of the GBS package) applicable to your Linux distribution from the Tizen download tools Web site.
Install the repository:
For Ubuntu distribution:
Open the repository source list for editing:
$ sudo vi /etc/apt/sources.list
Append the list file with the URL of the Tizen GBS tool based on your system version.
Ubuntu version 12.04:
deb http://download.tizen.org/tools/xUbuntu_12.04/ /
Ubuntu version 11.10:
deb http://download.tizen.org/tools/xUbuntu_11.10/ /
Update the repository list:
$ sudo apt-get update
Install GBS:
$ sudo apt-get install gbs
For OpenSUSE distribution:
Add the tools-building repository to the repository source:
$ sudo zypper addrepo http://download.tizen.org/tools/openSUSE12.1/ tools-building
Update the repository list:
$ sudo zypper refresh
Install GBS:
$ sudo zypper install gbs

Updating the Build Package
Note
Since Tizen provides a customized GBS version, you must install and update the latest build package from the Tizen download tools Web site after installing GBS.

To update the build package based on your Linux distribution:
For Ubuntu:
$ sudo dpkg -r --force-depends build
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get install build

For openSUSE:
$ sudo zypper refresh
$ sudo zypper install tools-building:build  # 'tools-building' is the GBS repository

Regards,
Daehyeon