[Tizen Application-dev] How do I install and debug on non-phone Targets?

Hanchett, Paul phanchet at jaguarlandrover.com
Tue Aug 13 22:40:01 GMT 2013

My end goal is to be able to download and debug native and html apps across
the wire using non-phone (also non-tablet) target boxes (not just the SDK
simulator and emulator).

So what command is used on the target to make it available for a *sdb
connect* via IP?  For a phone on USB the action appears to be:

   1. *To use the SDB in a target device, set the device to the SDB mode by
   going to Settings > More system settings > Developer options > USB
   debugging in the device menu. (See the original page
here<https://developer.tizen.org/help/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.tizen.gettingstarted%2Fhtml%2Fdev_env%2Fcommands.htm>
   .)*

We aren't building a USB device and we don't have a menu like the one
mentioned above.

I think I'm asking "What provides the function of gdbserver from this set
of images<https://developer.tizen.org/help/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.tizen.gettingstarted%2Fhtml%2Fdev_env%2Fcommands.htm>
and
how does it get onto my box?"  No gdb components seem to be installed on
versions of TIZEN we are developing with.

I'm using the 2.2 version of the TIZEN SDK.

TIA for any help or perspective you can provide!

Kind Regards
Paul Hanchett
Infotainment Engineer
MSX on behalf of Jaguar Land Rover
One World Trade Center, 121 Southwest Salmon Street, 11th Floor, Portland,
Oregon, 97204

Email: phanchet at jaguarlandrover.com

Business Details:
Jaguar Land Rover Limited