[Tizen Application-dev] EFL app on tizen

Daniel Juyung Seo seojuyung2 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 15:48:19 GMT 2013

Hello, this is Daniel Juyung Seo.

Before I answer your question, I want to ask you why do you want to develop
EFL applications?
Even you CAN write your EFL application on Tizen, it is not the official
native application toolkit and EFL GUI builder is not supported by Tizen
SDK.
I am not saying stop using EFL but I want to know why you want it.

Anyhow...
As I mentioned, because EFL is not an official Tizen native application
toolkit, there is no OFFICIAL document for it.
But you can refer some existing EFL applications on Tizen.
https://review.tizen.org/gerrit/#/admin/projects/
Check some applications with apps/home prefix such as apps/home/call,
apps/home/clock, and etc.

I remember someone wrote "how to EFL apps on Tizen" blog posts last year
but they are too old.
They were written before Tizen 2.0 Alpha and things are changed.

If you have no idea what to do with the gerrit website, please refer the
following link.
https://source.tizen.org/documentation/developer-guide

Once you download EFL apps and modify them or create your own apps, build
them with GBS.
https://source.tizen.org/documentation/reference/git-build-system/
Push RPM packages into emulator with sdb and install them.

I hope you will achieve what you want to do.
Thanks.

Daniel Juyung Seo (SeoZ)