[Tizen Application-dev] EFL app on tizen

Daniel Juyung Seo seojuyung2 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 23:50:07 GMT 2013

Hello Joon-Cheol Park,

On Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 1:12 AM, Joon-Cheol Park <jooncheol at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi SeoZ,
>
> You said that EFL is *NOT* an official Tizen native application toolkit.
> I'm just curious about this. What is the official one for Tizen ?

As far as I know, there was no official documentation or announcement that
EFL is an *OFFICIAL* Tizen native toolkit.
Even we can still use EFL for native applications and some Tizen apps
already use EFL[1], Tizen SDK 1.0 and 2.0 alpha support ONLY web
application development as of now[2].

According to the Tizen Conference 2012 keynote[3] and Korea Linux Forum
2012[4][5], Tizen 2.0 will introduce the native APIs.
Until there will be an official announcement, we should wait :(

Thanks.

Daniel Juyung Seo (SeoZ)

[1] https://review.tizen.org/gerrit/#/admin/projects/
[2] https://developer.tizen.org/documentation/dev-guide