[Tizen Application-dev] EFL app on tizen

Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) tizen at rasterman.com
Wed Feb 6 04:09:32 GMT 2013

On Wed, 6 Feb 2013 11:58:39 +0900 Joon-Cheol Park <jooncheol at gmail.com> said:

Tizen, and what is in it (technically), is controlled by/decided on by the TSG.
The TSG is a committee of executives (Samsung and Intel - you can read up on it
- Imad and JD - http://www.tizenassociation.org/en/2012-02-24-11-06-05 ). They
decide what will happen, and that's how it works. It's a top-down thing with
VP's in charge. How and what they decide is up to them entirely.

I have no idea what they will decide, when or where. Well officially I don't.
What I may, or may not know is simply rumour and not for me to disclose, as
decisions are made by the executives in charge (as above) as they see fit
(which is not here in public, like on these mailing lists, IRC etc. ).

This (Tizen) is not like open source projects (let's say like E/EFL, Qt,
GTK+, Xorg, Linux Kernel etc.), where I, or any developer, is free to talk about
plans for the future and work being done, (or for that matter even knows or can
find out). I understand that you are coming from that perspective, and thus
logically asking those questions here, expecting answers like you would with
pretty much any OSS project, but Tizen is not like that.

So until disclosed publicly and/or officially, you'll just have to wonder and
wait. :)

Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) <tizen at rasterman.com>