[Tizen Application-dev] Error while installing obs light server appliance(devel version)

Ronan Le Martret ronan at fridu.net
Wed Feb 6 17:10:00 GMT 2013

Hi Ravi,

I try to reproduce your error, but without result...

1) can you give me your hardware configuration.?
    (I suspect a hardware conflict )

2) Do you donwload "ISO image", "Preload ISO" or "USB & disk image"?

    2.1) If you tried "ISO image" try  "Preload ISO".

    2.2) If you tried  "USB & disk image" and create a CD, this you
error, try "Preload ISO".

3) Did you check the md5sum of you iso file?

4) I tried "ISO image" and "Preload ISO" on VirtualBox, and it was
boot fine. Can you try it ?

5) can you tell me all the steps of your installation steps?
    5.1) wget ...
    5.2) burn image...
    5.3) ...

Thanks,
Ronan

2013/2/6 Ravi Shankar <ravishankar.d at smartplayin.com>:

> Hi All,
>

> I have tried booting the obslight server appliance from iso image through
> CD.
>
> Im not able to install the server appliance.
>

> When I try to boot it gives the following error:

> Creating device nodes with udev
>
> boot logging started on /dev/tty1 (/dev/console) at the Feb 5 10:52:46 2013
>
> boot logging enabled on /dev/tty3
>
> kernel logging enabled on : /dev/tty4
>
> waiting for CD/DVD device..
>
> checking CD/DVD devices....not found
>
> checking Hybrid disk devices...not found
>
> couldn't find live image configuration file.
>
> reboot exception: log at Alt-F3/F4
>
> reboot exception: reboot in 120 sec.
>
> Failed to mount RW root file system.
>
> reboot exception: log at Alt-F3/F4
>
> reboot exception: reboot in 120 sec.
>
> Failed to mount RO root file system.
>
> reboot exception: log at Alt-F3/F4
>
> reboot exception: reboot in 120 sec.
>

> After this it finds some hw like USB..etc and hangs on.
>

> Can you please help me to install and configure obs for tizen builds.
>

> I have taken sw from
> http://susestudio.com/a/e0uuBG/obs-obs-server-opensuse-12-1-devel?a=download&f=vmx
>

> Thanks & Rgds,
>
> Ravi.
>
> Tel: +91 40 49453316
>
> Cell: +91 8885128881
>

> “You can never know how much good a simple smile can do” - Mother Theresa

Ronan Le Martret
Intel Open Source Technology Center