[Tizen Application-dev] Question on Window Resize of EFL Apps

Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) tizen at rasterman.com
Fri Feb 22 09:12:30 GMT 2013

On Fri, 22 Feb 2013 17:35:04 +0900 Daniel Juyung Seo <seojuyung2 at gmail.com>
said:

> In normal environment except for Tizen, efl app sizes are decided by app
> developers with evas_object_resize(win, x, y) + internal min size
> calculation routine.
> But Tizen's compositor makes window full screen automatically.
> Can you force window to evas_object_move() + evas_object_resize()? As far
> as I know there is no official way of doing that in Tizen :(

app can't because the wm just will not allow it. the policy is that apps fill
the screen. if the wm wants to do otherwise with the environment, it will
move/resize your app window. the app has no choice. the wm decides. the app
just needs to respond to resize events on its window. it's not a desktop where
apps often can ask to resize/move their windows (and wm's oblige). even on a
desktop the wm may say no and ignore such requests as it wants based on
"desktop environment policies" and in this case.. policy is "you fill the
screen". :)

Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) <tizen at rasterman.com>