[Tizen Application-dev] [Tizen] Application development - storage problems

Marcin Kuna kuna.marcin at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 14:11:12 GMT 2013

Hello,
My friends and I are developing simple app, to understand Tizen. We
tried to do it the same way we use while programming for Android, and
we encountered really strange errors. We really need some sort of data
storage, file-based or "sql-lite" based, and we couldn't get it to
work.

1) Project starded to display this error:
Ripple :: Environment Warming Up (Tea. Earl Gray. Hot.) ripple.js:68900
TIZEN :: Initialization Finished (Make it so.) ripple.js:68900
errorDocDir:
tizen.filesystem.resolve blad o nazwie: undefined
tresc bledu: An attempt is made to reference a Node in a context where
it does not exist. main-app.js:24

which is strange, since filesystem was added to project options.

2) Samples from documentation don't work, even when we copy-paste them
to blank project.
https://developer.tizen.org/help/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.tizen.web.appprogramming%2FFilesystem.html

we get the same error as in 1)

3) Samples from documentation (filesystem) do not have their
equivalents in IDE samples - they're completely diffrent.

4) WebSQL management is pure theoretical, documentation lacks almost
any description on how to use local database in project, apart from
big "WebSQL is obsolete". Also search returns nothing when querying
"database" in Tizen Docs.

5) Examples from developer.tizen.org don't use features from
documentation. Even "ToDo List" example is lacking it's most crucial
feature - saving "todos". It simply doesn't have any module for
storing data. Also their code is scarcely commented, which makes
learning and understanding much harder than it needs to be.

I think that's all. I'll be very happy with every help I can get! :)

--
Marcin Kuna