[Tizen Application-dev] [Tizen] Application development - storage problems

Anatoliy Odukha anatoliy.odukha at globallogic.com
Mon Jan 28 14:23:23 GMT 2013

Hi Marcin,

Could you share any source samples that show these issues? error message
without code is useless.

about any type of file storage - at least storing data in json format and
storing file on fs is working(tizen fs or html local storage). websql was
working in our tests too.

On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 4:11 PM, Marcin Kuna <kuna.marcin at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
> My friends and I are developing simple app, to understand Tizen. We
> tried to do it the same way we use while programming for Android, and
> we encountered really strange errors. We really need some sort of data
> storage, file-based or "sql-lite" based, and we couldn't get it to
> work.
>
> 1) Project starded to display this error:
> Ripple :: Environment Warming Up (Tea. Earl Gray. Hot.) ripple.js:68900
> TIZEN :: Initialization Finished (Make it so.) ripple.js:68900
> errorDocDir:
> tizen.filesystem.resolve blad o nazwie: undefined
> tresc bledu: An attempt is made to reference a Node in a context where
> it does not exist. main-app.js:24
>
> which is strange, since filesystem was added to project options.
>
> 2) Samples from documentation don't work, even when we copy-paste them
> to blank project.
>
> https://developer.tizen.org/help/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.tizen.web.appprogramming%2FFilesystem.html
>
> we get the same error as in 1)
>
> 3) Samples from documentation (filesystem) do not have their
> equivalents in IDE samples - they're completely diffrent.
>
> 4) WebSQL management is pure theoretical, documentation lacks almost
> any description on how to use local database in project, apart from
> big "WebSQL is obsolete". Also search returns nothing when querying
> "database" in Tizen Docs.
>
> 5) Examples from developer.tizen.org don't use features from
> documentation. Even "ToDo List" example is lacking it's most crucial
> feature - saving "todos". It simply doesn't have any module for
> storing data. Also their code is scarcely commented, which makes
> learning and understanding much harder than it needs to be.
>
> I think that's all. I'll be very happy with every help I can get! :)
>
> --
> Marcin Kuna

Anatoliy Odukha | Software Engineer
GlobalLogic