[Tizen Application-dev] libdash, an open-souce MPEG-DASH access library

Yin, Yan yan.yin at intel.com
Wed Mar 27 03:45:20 GMT 2013

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for your project, two quick questions:

1)      Are you aware of another two open-source MPEG-DASH projects? DASHbin(https://code.google.com/p/mpeg-dash-gstreamer/) and gstdashdemux(https://github.com/Orange-OpenSource/gstdashdemux#readme) , if YES, what's most important benefits of libdash comparing with these two solutions?

2)      As you already know, Tizen uses gstreamer, do you have plan to come up with a gstreamer wrapper for libdash? That might be an important step to make libdash popular in other Linux distributions as well.

Appreciate your wiliness to contribute to Tizen, thanks again!

Regards,
Yin, Yan