[Tizen Application-dev] Security vulnerabilities in WebApp is detected.

Hanchett, Paul phanchet at jaguarlandrover.com
Wed Sep 11 15:37:20 GMT 2013

Your attached file seems to have been lost to the list...

A classic SQL vulnerabilitiy that can be detected automatically is not
using prepared SQL statements rather than an exec query.  Here's an article
that shows examples of both:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1703203/in-sqlite-do-prepared-statements-really-improve-performance.

The reason to use prepared statements is *not* speed but rather security:
Using prepared statements there is no way I can change the prepared SQL
statement into anotherthat  command; it's relatively easy to do with an
exec, if I can control some portion of the data inserted into the exec
(usually through concatenation).

Just a thought.

Paul

Paul Hanchett
Infotainment Engineer
MSX on behalf of Jaguar Land Rover
One World Trade Center, 121 Southwest Salmon Street, 11th Floor, Portland,
Oregon, 97204

Email: phanchet at jaguarlandrover.com

Business Details:
Jaguar Land Rover Limited