[Tizen Application-dev] Qt plans for Tizen 2.x and 3.x

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Thu Apr 3 15:51:09 GMT 2014

Em qui 03 abr 2014, às 15:51:58, Nikita Kalyazin escreveu:
> Hi,
>

> As far as I know, any native API that is not mentioned in Tizen Dev Guide is
> considered non-public, which means an application using such API will be
> rejected by Tizen Store for Tizen 2.x.
>
> What are current plans of Qt integration into Tizen OS?
>  - Is there any "official" way of using Qt for Tizen 2.x?
>  - Is it going to be a part of public API for Tizen 3.x?

Hello

There are no plans of making any new public, native API besides the one that
is already in Tizen 2.x. And since there are profiles that don't carry even
that (namely, IVI), we recommend applications meant to be cross-profile be
written using the HTML 5 API.

The "official" way of using Qt is the same in 2.x and 3.x:

 - if you're an OEM, you can just include the libraries on your own device and
   make applications using it, which will be shipped with your device and not
   sent to the Tizen Store

 - if you're an ISV, you will have to bundle the Qt libraries inside your .tpk
   when submitting to the Tizen Store. Note that I cannot guarantee that the
   Store will accept your application...