[Tizen Application-dev] Tizen just as a platform for accessible solution (visual impairment case)

Michael Pozhidaev msp at altlinux.ru
Wed Apr 16 00:09:08 GMT 2014

Hello,

Help me understand, please, how difficult is using Tizen just as a platform (linux kernel, system
libraries and basic services) for the environment which needs
mostly only properly working Java virtual machine (usual Java SE 1.7)?

Me is working on a special solution for blind and visually impaired
people, called Luwrain, which does its tasks inside of Java VM. If
somebody interested you can find more information on our website
http://luwrain.org. This site is still rather incomplete because it has
been launched last year and is under construction.

Java evidently needs some OS to work above, currently any GNU/Linux distro can be
used in this role. I am very curious is it possible to find something
more lightweight. Please, help me understand better, could Tizen be
suitable for that? Java VM is launched using X.org.

Thank you very much! :))

--
Michael Pozhidaev. Tomsk, Russia.
Russian info page: http://www.marigostra.ru/