[Tizen Application-dev] Running Crosswalk

Michael Johnson Michael.Johnson at Symphonyteleca.com
Thu Aug 14 10:09:18 GMT 2014

Hi all,

I'm using tizen-3.0.m14.2-ivi_20140724.4 and have set up a lighttpd webserver for use with crosswalk.  First of all, I've noticed that opening a terminal in wayland on this image seems to open as a root terminal, is that normal?  I can only open a web page in crosswalk as root.  Trying to open a web page as user 'app' causes the following output:

app:~> xwalk http://www.google.com
[0814/034553:ERROR:browser_main_loop.cc(164)] Running without the SUID sandbox! See https://code.google.com/p/chromium/wiki/LinuxSUIDSandboxDevelopment for more information on developing with the sandbox on.
[0814/034553:INFO:desktop_factory_wayland.cc(15)] Ozone: DesktopFactoryWayland
[0814/034553:INFO:desktop_factory_wayland.cc(15)] Ozone: DesktopFactoryWayland
[0814/034553:ERROR:display.cc(96)] WaylandDisplay failed to initialize hardware
[0814/034553:ERROR:gl_surface_ozone.cc(54)] Ozone failed to initialize hardware
[0814/034553:ERROR:gpu_child_thread.cc(132)] Exiting GPU process due to errors during initialization
[0814/034553:FATAL:display.cc(141)] Check failed: disp_.display(). Ozone: Wayland server connection not found.
Aborted (core dumped)

When I try to open a local test html web page located at /srv/www as the server document root, using http://localhost/index.html, it should just show some text "It Works!", but I just get a blank crosswalk window opening.  I've set up lighttpd many times before using minibrowser, but this is the first time using crosswalk.  FYI the port I'm using is port 80.

Finally, has anyone run widgets successfully using the crosswalk wrt?  I'm using /usr/bin/xwalk to open web pages, and xwalkctl to install a widget.

Thanks for any advice.
Mike

MICHAEL JOHNSON
Embedded Software Engineer

Symphony Teleca
Sunley House, 46 Jewry Street, Winchester, Hampshire, SO23 8RY
Phone: +441962868866
Michael.Johnson at Symphonyteleca.com<mailto:Michael.Johnson at Symphonyteleca.com>
www.symphonyteleca.com<http://www.symphonyteleca.com>

[Linkedin]<http://www.linkedin.com/company/4301?trk=tyah>     [Twitter] <https://twitter.com/symphony_teleca>      [Facebook] <https://www.facebook.com/SymphonyTelecaCorp>
[cid:babf81.png at 2959eee8.4abf8650]<http://www.symphonyteleca.com/together>

Teleca Limited, a company registered in England & Wales, registration number 2773878, registered office at Sunley House, 46 Jewry Street, Winchester, Hampshire SO23 8RY. VAT registration number GB 674 6583 90

Follow what's going on at Symphony Teleca's blog on www.symphonyteleca.com/blog<http://www.symphonyteleca.com/blog>. Please consider the environment before you print.

Notice to recipient: This e-mail (including any attachments) is meant for the intended recipient only, may contain confidential and proprietary information, and is protected by law. If you received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender of the error by return e-mail, delete this communication and any attachments, and shred any printouts. Unauthorized review, use, dissemination, distribution, copying or taking of any action based on this communication is strictly prohibited.