[Tizen Application-dev] Possibility of Tizen Web App with 'Transparent Background'?

Mats Wichmann mats at osg.samsung.com
Mon Apr 13 23:53:08 GMT 2015

On 04/13/15 17:43, Mattison, Steven wrote:
> Hello Tizen app developers!
>
> I'd like to know if anyone here has an innate understanding of the Tizen
> Web App engine, and could say whether it is possible to remove the
> default-white background to show a native application beneath.
>
> The idea is that the HTML layer would field user input and send it to
> the native application through the application messaging api; the native
> app would respond appropriately, and the results would show through the
> transparent area of the web app.
>
> There are a number of alternative layouts I'm considering for this
> application, but I would like to know if this idea is possible, in
> particular, regardless of the loss of performance it may cause.
>
> To answer the first question anyone ever asks; this might be used for
> the purpose of adding a multitasking interface to an otherwise
> interface-less Native application.

Hmmm, I don't know enough about the background part to help with that,
but I do know that in general the Tizen model of a "hybrid" app allows
for a backend non-UI native app (aka a service app) with a frontend web
app, so you don't seem to be asking something completely out of left
field.  But you seem to want the native app to do some display stuff,
and I'm not sure that's part of the model, why not just let the web app
do that work?  The messaging parts should not be a problem.