[Tizen Application-dev] Issues sending launch() to apps suspended with hide()

Mattison, Steven smattiso at jaguarlandrover.com
Thu Feb 26 19:58:32 GMT 2015

Hello again.

I believe I've discovered an issue with Tizen multitasking, and I'm curious
as to whether others are seeing similar issues, or if you have discovered
any solutions or workarounds.

After launching a web-application and suspending it with the Application
API hide() command after launching a second web-application, sending the
original app another launch() will bring it back to the foreground, often
immediately.

When task-switching quickly however, sometimes the screen turns white for a
brief moment before switching between apps.

My question is; does the hide() function take up a certain amount of time
wherein no new hide() functions should be called? If so, I'd like to write
a hide() queue to remedy the situation but I'll need to know; how much time
does it take to hide() a process?

For purposes of clarification and demonstration of the issue; I've set a
timeout which calls the hide() command a couple hundred milliseconds after
I launch() an app. This was originally useful for preventing the Weston
Desktop from appearing in the background when each app is first launched.
Yet when an app is already running, this same timer seems to cause the
white flashing issue rather noticeably when flipping back and forth between
multiple tasks.

I've since implemented a check to only delay the hide() when an app isn't
already running, but this may still be an issue if toggling between tasks
at a rapid rate.

If anyone finds anything, let me know.

--
*Steve Mattison*
JavaScript Engineer

*T: *+1.503.545.7545
*Email:*  smattiso at jaguarlandrover.com

Jaguar Land Rover North America, LLC
1419 NW 14th Ave, Portland, OR 97209
-------------------
Business Details:
Jaguar Land Rover Limited
Registered in England No: 1672070

This e-mail and any attachments contain confidential information for a
specific individual and purpose.  The information is private and privileged
and intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed.
If you are not the intended recipient, please e-mail us immediately.  We
apologise for any inconvenience caused but you are hereby notified that any
disclosure, copying or distribution or the taking of any action in reliance
on the information contained herein is strictly prohibited.

This e-mail does not constitute an order for goods or services unless
accompanied by an official purchase order.