[Tizen Application-dev] Manually Install Apps on Custom Tizen Image

Ben Lloyd Pearson benp at osg.samsung.com
Wed Jun 24 15:42:40 GMT 2015

Hello,

I am trying to install Tizen apps on a Raspberry Pi 2 that runs Tizen. I've been having quite a lot of trouble and I was hoping someone here might be able to help me. I used this guide to setup the RPi2: http://blogs.s-osg.org/bringing-tizen-to-a-raspberry-pi-2-near-you/

My app is a simple JavaScript app that I built using the Tizen Mobile SDK, and it successfully runs on a mobile emulator, but I haven't found a way to install it on the RPi2 image. The command I have found to use is: pkgcmd -i -q -t wgt -p App.wgt

When I execute this, I get a generic error message "processing result : FATAL_ERROR [61] failed"

My web searches have turned up a very minimal amount of information about this, and the solution typically seems to be including "-q" which I'm doing.

Is there a better way to manually install apps? I tried using sdb, but it doesn't detect the device (I'm connected through the network), but that could be an option if I can get it connected.

Alternatively, is there some place I can look to get more detailed error information from pkgcmd?

--
Ben Lloyd Pearson - Open Source Operations
Samsung Open Source Group
benp at osg.samsung.com