[Tizen Application-dev] [Tizen General] Reg: Guidance on native HTTP client or server implementation

Leon Anavi leon.anavi at konsulko.com
Thu Mar 5 13:07:55 GMT 2015

Hi Badri,

Which Tizen versions and devices are you targeting? I guess your
question is related to Tizen 2.3.

> On Thu, Mar 5, 2015 at 2:47 PM, badrichandi at gmail.com
> <mailto:badrichandi at gmail.com> <badrichandi at gmail.com
> <mailto:badrichandi at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hi All,
>     We are kind of new to Tizen development.
>
>     We need some guidance in writing native code for sending HTTP
>     (secure) message (probably GET and POST methods).
>
>     Request to provide any possible references (link or example source
>     code).
>
>     PS: We could observe that from Tizen 2.3 onwards OSP C++ (for
>     example, Tizen::Net::HTTP*) is not supported

Yes, indeed in Tizen 2.3 the primary native API was changed from OSP to EFL:
https://developer.tizen.org/forums/native-application-development/update-on-primary-native-api-tizen-2.3

Please have a look at Sanjeev B.A. webinar about Tizen 2.3 Native
Application Framework to get started with the new API and EFL:
https://developer.tizen.org/documentation/articles/tizen-2.3-native-application-framework

Best regards,
Leon

>     So, appreciate your help in addressing this (we are looking for C
>     - native APIs or the direct header file which contains APIs to
>     send and/or receive HTTP messages)
>
>     Thanks in advance,
>     -badri

Leon Anavi