[Tizen Application-dev] Genlist Reusable Item

Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) tizen at rasterman.com
Mon Feb 22 23:46:11 GMT 2016

On Mon, 22 Feb 2016 19:31:50 +0700 leonardus ardyandhita <leo4rdyand at gmail.com>
said:

> Hi, I want to ask about genlist reusable item callback to improvement
> performance.
> I need to load multiple image from url on item list. But if I scrolling the
> list, image url always called and makes lack.
>
> I have search and I get commit information on elementary git. They say
> there is new callback function : *Elm_Gen_Item_Reusable_Content_Get_Cb*. I
> think this is can solve my problem. But I can't find on my installed tizen
> sdk. (I have last update tizen sdk 2.4 : rev3).
>
> It's is possible to patch this committed code or anyone have some idea to
> cache the item?

that'll only help if object creation itself is your major overhead. i doubt it
is for you. :) what is the issue? that things are actually slow in that the
image takes a while to become visible (url download) or the actual image header
load is somehow being slow. but something there is blocking most likely - more
debugging and digging will tell you what.

also note that tizen has historically been between 6 months and like 2.5 years
behind upstream development as there is generally a great reluctance to upgrade
so don't expect new features to land in tizen rapidly.

--
Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) <tizen at rasterman.com>