[Dev] Tizen 3.0 Multiuser Architecture - introducing tizen-platform-* packages

Stéphane Desneux stephane.desneux at open.eurogiciel.org
Tue Dec 3 14:43:40 GMT 2013

Hello,

To start the migration of 200+ packages to multiuser architecture, we
introduced two new packages: tizen-platform-config and
tizen-platform-wrapper.

The main package is tizen-platform-config and contains the definitions
for variables to be used in a given profile. Actually, these variables
are mostly used to replace hardcoded paths in source code or spec files,
but their usage could be wider in the future.

These packages will be available in the coming days and will allow a
smooth transition to multiuser mode.

I updated the wiki pages to reflect the current state:
- the main page describing the multiuser architecture is here:
https://wiki.tizen.org/wiki/Multi-user_Architecture
- the actual variables list:
https://wiki.tizen.org/wiki/Multi-user_Platform_Metadata
- the analysis on existing packages:
https://wiki.tizen.org/wiki/Multi-user_Analysis

Thanks in advance for review and feedback.

Best regards,
Stéphane

--
Stéphane Desneux