[Dev] Smack Feature for Vconf

Schaufler, Casey casey.schaufler at intel.com
Fri Dec 6 19:55:39 GMT 2013

From: Baptiste Durand [mailto:baptiste.durand at open.eurogiciel.org]
sent: Friday, December 06, 2013 11:25 AM
To: Schaufler, Casey
Cc: dev at lists.tizen.org
Subject: Re: [Dev] Smack Feature for Vconf

Hi Casey,
vconftool is used with this option to apply smack label in some spec file in tizen 2.2....

For Tizen 3 the correct way to set the Smack label of a file will be in the manifest, using an assign:
<assign>
    <filesystem path="/a/b/c" label="Appropriate::Label" />
</assign>

I see several call lrelated to this in many packages in version 2.2.

That is unfortunate.

As I understand, you confirm that we should not  merge this option '-s' , correct?

That is correct. As stated in the review, there are several problems with the implementation of the "-s" option.

If we do not merge it, I can adapt the update for other packages.

Thanks in advance

2013/12/6 Schaufler, Casey <casey.schaufler at intel.com<mailto:casey.schaufler at intel.com>>

I saw the request for this come in. I don't understand what the "-s" option would be used for. There are several serious problems with the code. I don't see where there would be a requirement for this ill-advised feature.