[Dev] Tizen bindings for python (and scripting in general)

Stoppa, Igor igor.stoppa at intel.com
Mon Dec 9 09:01:33 GMT 2013

Hello,
I wasn't able to find much on the lines of using python or some other
scripting language on Tizen.
The only thing I found is a developer's attempt to start the discussion at
around 1.0 times by providing his custom port of python. But the attempt
didn't have any visible follow-up.

What I'm interested, mostly, is to execute scripts in Mobile environment
without getting suspended by PM, so I'd need to play nice and use the Power
API.

For this purpose I am thinking to just use ctypes and create my own
bindings, if nothing else exists.

But I'd like to understand if the bindings are intentionally not made
available.
Or is it simply lack of need so far?

--
cheers, igor