[Dev] [X/Wayland] RPM Macros for conditional build with X, Wayland, both (and none!)

Dominig ar Foll dominig.arfoll at fridu.net
Mon Dec 9 13:50:05 GMT 2013

Le 09/12/2013 08:31, Zhao, Juan J a écrit :

> Yes, some packages were modified to add wayland support to avoid unnecessary X building-requirement.
> A X-Free repo(devel:wayland:Mobile) was set up, libX11 like packages were removed. And we are still on the road to influence the efforts to clean up the code in wayland condition. Also we developed a tool who can warn out the X related APIs and provide the API backtrace info.
>
> About your question for {with wayland} and {without x} macro. The background is like this:
> This flag is defined in X-Free repo only. Using this macro is to protect IVI to avoid the applications bugs who have direct dependencies on X APIs. And there is no influence for mobile with X and current IVI totally. In the future, we can still add that macro to resolve this issue.
The main issue that I see in accepting a {without x} macro, is the risk
induced by the lack of clear directive about the various possible
combinations.

The Stéphane's proposition, presents the main advantage to assume no
default. It does cover the cases which are used in Tizen :
 - X
 - Wayland with X backward compatibility
 - Wayland only (without X compatibility)

It's in my view far preferable.

--
Dominig ar Foll
Senior Software Architect