[Dev] can I get less review requests from gerrit

Łukasz Stelmach l.stelmach at samsung.com
Mon Dec 9 15:21:56 GMT 2013

It was <2013-12-09 pon 14:28>, when Ylinen, Mikko wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 9, 2013 at 11:22 AM, Łukasz Stelmach <l.stelmach at samsung.com>wrote:
>
>> My proposal to solve the above problems is to assign smaller groups
>> of people to maintain every package who would get notifications about
>> changes. The rest of members of the domain groups would keep their
>> rights to the repositories (I am not sure how this would play with
>> the greater responsibilities of the "maintaining teams") but they
>> won't be notified automatically. The "maintaining teams" should
>> (IMHO) comprise:
>
> AFAIR, detailed subdomain structure has been discussed. However, I
> haven't seen any proposals so far, though.
>
> Since I've spent some time thinking this earlier (from the
> architecture perspective), I'm sharing my proposal what these 'smaller
> groups' (subdomains) could be:
>
> https://wiki.tizen.org/wiki/Tizen_Platform_Architecture_Overview#Tizen_Subdomain_Proposal
>
> some subdomains may not be ideal but most Tizen/system functionality
> should be covered.

Nope, subdomainsa are not what *I* mean. I am fine with domains as they
are, dividing them further in a formal way based on topics is IMHO not
necessary.  What I think is moot is that everyone in a domain receives
requests for review of every package in that domain. Membership in
domains gives people *rights* to do stuff with repositories. I would
like *duties* to be assigned to smaller teams.

Besides, while I'd like to keep maintainership of
platform/upstream/lrzsz and I think I could help with reviewing (or
maybe even maintanence) of "Network & Connectivity" packages, I think
that if someone requests a new package and wants to be it's maintainer,
one should not automatically become a mamber of a "Maintainers" group
for a domain.

--
Łukasz Stelmach