[Dev] External kernel module building and kernel ABI/API check.

Patrick Ohly patrick.ohly at intel.com
Wed Dec 11 11:55:35 GMT 2013

On Tue, 2013-12-10 at 13:13 +0100, Jacek Pielaszkiewicz wrote:
> 	The second one - detection API/API kernel changes is ongoing. The
> solution assumes that kernel sources will be extended by "repository" of
> kernel API/ABI fingerprints.

How is such a fingerprint generated? The description of that step wasn't
very clear to me.

You mentioned a list of symbols, but that's not enough to describe the
API or ABI. Data structures and their content are also relevant. It's of
course fine to deliberately ignore that (some minimal checking is still
better than none), but then there should be a section with "known
limitations" where that is called out.

--
Best Regards, Patrick Ohly

on behalf of Intel on this matter.