[Dev] How to turn off debug packages for local gbs build?

Jacek Bukarewicz j.bukarewicz at samsung.com
Wed Dec 11 12:05:03 GMT 2013

On 12/11/2013 12:20 PM, Tomasz Olszak wrote:

> Thank you all for the hints. I tried something like:
>
> %if 0%{!?create_debug_packages: 1}
> %define create_debug_packages 1
> %endif
>
> %if ! %{create_debug_packages}
> %global debug_package %{nil}
> %global __debug_install_post %{nil}
> %endif
>
> And it works:
> gbs build --define "create_debug_packages 0"
>
> Of course it would be very convenient to not add this code to every
> spec file. :)
> Perhaps *__without_debug_packages *option could turn off
> *debug_package* and *__debug_install_post* in some global rpm (if such
> exists).

It seems like putting these options is enough:
  gbs build --define '__debug_install_post %{nil}' --define
'debug_package %{nil}' ...

So I think there is no need to modify anything in the rpm, but if you'd
really like to you can try adding proposed changes to
platform/upstream/rpm. Possibly in packaging/rpm-tizen_macros file as it
contains tizen-specific macros.
To test changes you can build rpm package in gbs and then, unless build
environment is cleaned up, your modified version of rpm will be used for
building packages (at least that was the case some time ago when I last
built rpm package myself)

Regards,

--
Jacek Bukarewicz