[Dev] Notifications in udisks-automount-agent

Rusty Lynch rusty.lynch at intel.com
Thu Dec 12 16:43:03 GMT 2013

Tizen has a general notification API defined via
platform/core/api/notification/, where the main header files is here:
https://review.tizen.org/git/?p=platform/core/api/notification.git;a=blob;f=include/notification.h;h=ddc7e9cc7cc33428a7755ca8bc3daa08ec92bc5f;hb=refs/heads/tizen

Mobile images have an implementation of several components listening to
this database of notifications and rendering a UI in different
situations (like in the lockscreen or in a popup while using the phone
etc).

In IVI our ICO homescreen is working on an implementation to render the
notification UI.  I don't know when it is supposed to land, but i hope
soon.

Note that the software component that listens for notification request
and manages the database is implemented in
profile/ivi/notification-service.  We have a couple of examples of
simple hello world clients sending a notification.

    --rusty