[Dev] Tizen use of FIFO & Nice

Kok, Auke-jan H auke-jan.h.kok at intel.com
Thu Dec 12 20:11:13 GMT 2013

On Thu, Dec 12, 2013 at 12:01 PM, Clark, Joel <joel.clark at intel.com> wrote:
> For IVI, we are expecting several thousand sensor updates per second, with nearly 200 different types of sensor data.  Think about data on the engine, transmission, wheels, brakes, windows, doors, seats, radar updates on proximity, etc.

So you're saying that the same subsystem is going to handle my seat
temperature (I prefer not too hot) and the collision avoidance system,
and with the same priority? I don't think tweaking the nice value is
going to help here...  :^)

joke aside, a lot of the default process priorities in Tizen aren't
chosen for IVI priorities. Those will have to be completely
reestablished from scratch to suit the needs of IVI. Most of the
priorities have been chose to favor "user experience" and
"reliability", but it's always a tradeoff. This is why we have
profiles, of course.

Auke