[Dev] Tizen use of FIFO & Nice

Ramasamy Kannan ram.kannan at samsung.com
Fri Dec 13 03:20:32 GMT 2013

There are performance issues with the current sensor framework architecture, like generating a thread in the sensor server each time sensor data is required. We have fixed this in the new architecture that will be released for 3.0. In the new architecture there is a single event queue that delivers all the sensor events from the sensor plugins to the sensor clients.

Here are some sensor event interval requirements for different applications.

Gaming -20ms
User Interface - 50ms
GPS - 100ms

Some indoor navigation GPS applications need to be very accurate interms of calculating the position of the mobile device. So they may go for lower sensor event intervals.

Regards,
Ram