[Dev] Notifications in udisks-automount-agent

Zaman, Imran imran.zaman at intel.com
Fri Dec 13 12:27:52 GMT 2013

Hi

Thanks for the info.

Below is the flow that I see how notification for automount feature can work; based on which I have listed some questions if it can be answered please?

a- There should be a setting that 'Enables/Disables' automount functionality.
b- In case automount is disabled in settings, udisks-automount-agent sends the notifications which is eventually shown to the user. Based on the user response, agent takes the appropriate action.
c- In case automount is enabled in settings, udisks-automount-agent automounts the device and sends the notification (which is shown to the user)..

Q1- Does the notification solution/API (platform/core/api/notification) in Tizen is supported by both Tizen Mobile and Tizen IVI?

Q2- In Tizen, where (i.e. which component) can the 'utomount enable/disable' setting be placed for Tizen Mobile and Tizen IVI both OR
       there is no such plan for any such setting and agent should automount the devices anyways?

Q3- In case there will be an 'automount enable/disable' setting,
     3a-  How would the user response be sent back to the agent?
     3b-  Does the current Tizen notification API/solution support such functionality?

Q4- Is there any wiki page for the notification solution in Tizen or source code is the only documentation :-)?

BR
imran