[Dev] Tizen use of FIFO & Nice

Leibowitz, Michael michael.leibowitz at intel.com
Fri Dec 13 18:19:09 GMT 2013

On Fri, Dec 13, 2013 at 1:42 AM, Ramasamy Kannan <ram.kannan at samsung.com> wrote:
> Indoor Navigation applications use sensor fusion algorithms on raw accelerometer, gyroscope, magnetometer, barometer sensor data along with GPS data to estimate the position of the mobile phone user. Sensor Fusion uses extended kalman filter signal processing which normally gives better estimation of position, height, orientation data when sampling rate is increased for example to 25Hz or 50Hz or 100Hz. There are lots of research papers online which provide information on this.

Indeed.  Such solutions are generally proprietary and I would expect
this to be another process that gets information from the sensor
framework and feeds it upwards through geoclue (another process).  The
way the location stack is currently designed, making such a software
solution that performs well is going to be difficult.  Much of the
sensor fusion work is moving into dedicated processors (such as in
Apple's iPhone 5s), anyway.  Modernizing our location stack, however,
is something that is probably out of scope for a scheduling
discussion.

Cheers

--
Michael Leibowitz