[Dev] Sandbox mechanism

Peters, Brad T brad.t.peters at intel.com
Fri Dec 13 19:50:04 GMT 2013

The thing to realize here is that Tizen is a bare-metal application
environment - and this is a GOOD thing. We get major performance
improvements and improved native interaction based on the full native C and
C++ API's. The idea of a Sandbox, at least as it exists in the Android JVM,
is not supported. The closest comparison would be for HTML5 apps running in
the Web Runtime.

Tizen native apps are equivalent to system-level apps in that they all have
PID's and are true processes. The BIG difference is that, in Tizen, we have
SMACK and SystemD to limit and throttle what these processes can do, as
well as top-to-bottom source-code review of all vendor supplied Apps.

--
Best regards,
Brad Peters