[Dev] Maintaining upstream project with tizen/upstream branches?

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Tue Dec 17 01:36:04 GMT 2013

On terça-feira, 17 de dezembro de 2013 01:12:27, Tomasz Olszak wrote:
> After Tizen 3.0 release and merge the Tizen integration code (wip/tizen)
> into the Qt (dev) it will
> look like:
>
> 1. Bug spotted in Tizen
> 2. Fix in tizen branch
> 3. Fix in qt-project
> 4. Update upstream branch after next Qt (bugfix) release
> 5. Remove bugfix from tizen branch
> 6. Merge/rebase tizen branch with upstream

Since you're not part of the compliance for any of the current profiles, you
may be able to be a bit more lax for the Qt projects. For other projects,
especially the base ones, we probably will not upgrade at all during one
release series, but will just backport fixes.

This is up to the maintainer or architecture workgroup to decide.