[Dev] Tizen use of FIFO & Nice

Jussi Laako jussi.laako at linux.intel.com
Wed Dec 18 09:35:43 GMT 2013

On 12.12.2013 22:18, Stoppa, Igor wrote:
> And even the reporting of speed is such that it generally has quite
> high tolerance to errors in the reporting (higher tolerance at higher
> speeds, up to 10-15%)

That would be a bit too much from the measurement system, because wheels
(wearing, temperature, etc) already generate large part of the error.

Digital speedo and tacho on my motorcycle has about 10 Hz update rate.
In my car digital speedo is slower, but tacho is still pretty fast.

On engine with light weight flywheel it doesn't take long to hit red line...

When I was doing ECU-style software, much higher update rates were
needed, but I guess IVI system is not supposed to handle ECU, ESC or
ABS? For example some modern engines don't have throttle flaps in the
intake manifold anymore, but adjust throttle completely by adjusting
camshaft timing...