[Dev] Tizen use of FIFO & Nice

Jussi Laako jussi.laako at linux.intel.com
Wed Dec 18 10:54:57 GMT 2013

On 18.12.2013 11:49, Stoppa, Igor wrote:
> IVI should just get the post processed values over CAN bus and make sure
> that any virtual needle or similar widget is rendered smoothly and
> conveys the feeling of lots of horsepower under the hood.
> That's what most customers pay for anyway, also with traditional
> dashboards =p

For reactive virtual needle movements without feeling lag needs fairly
high update rate even though you interpolate for 60 fps update. My
motorcycle's engine takes little bit over 1 second to rev from 1000 rpm
idle to 13000 rpm red line...

The new one I'm planning to buy takes 7 seconds 0-200 km/h acceleration,
so speedo needs to be quite reactive too... ;)
One second lag is enough to exceed speed limit to amount to get driving
license on hold. :)