[Dev] How to build buxton at tizen v2.2?

WaLyong Cho walyong.cho at samsung.com
Thu Dec 19 02:33:59 GMT 2013

On 12/19/2013 10:32 AM, Leibowitz, Michael wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 18, 2013 at 4:35 PM, Kyungmin Park
> <kyungmin.park at samsung.com> wrote:
>> Now we’re trying to build buxton at Tizen v2.2 for testing purpose. But it’s
>> hard to use it. Fix one build issues, it makes another problem and so on.
> We've been testing on Tizen 3.0.
I had generated some patches for buxton.
To build buxton on gbs environment:
0001-build-add-spec-file-for-gbs-build.patch
To link other package: 0002-pkgconfig-buxton-package-config-added.patch
To resolve link error: 0003-libbuxton-resolve-symbol-reference.patch

After this, I could use buxton symbol at other package.
And I can see this:

sh-4.1# buxtonctl --help
buxtonctl: Usage

          get-string - Get a string value by key
          set-string - Set a key with a string value
           get-int32 - Get an int32_t value by key
           set-int32 - Set a key with an int32_t value
           get-int64 - Get an int64_t value by key
           set-int64 - Set a key with an int64_t value
           get-float - Get a float point value by key
           set-float - Set a key with a floating point value
          get-double - Get a double precision value by key
          set-double - Set a key with a double precision value
            get-bool - Get a boolean value by key
            set-bool - Set a key with a boolean value
           get-label - Get a label for a value
           set-label - Set a value's label
         unset-value - Unset a value by key
>> How do you test it at Tizen platform? How can it test it? Requested tests
>> are simple.
> Make check.  There are also timing tests.  See Makefile.am
>
>> 1.     Get/set
>>
>> 2.     Thread safe read/write
> This is not tested.
Could you send some sample code to set or get key?
And could you explain about the layer concept?