[Dev] upgrading systemd, upgrading kernel

Łukasz Stelmach l.stelmach at samsung.com
Fri Dec 20 10:33:26 GMT 2013

Hello All

As you may know we are trying to make RD-PQ image work. We take the
image see what's broken and try to fix it. There are quite a number of
patches already waiting in gerrit. If you have some time to review and
merge them, please do.

Some time ago (2013-11-21) systemd has been upgraded to v208. I am
afraid this was done a bit carelessly. The new systemd requires some
kernel features not present in the more-or-less official tizen kernel
tree[1]. It took me some time and I had to bother Casey Schaufler to
resolve this problem. Fortunetely all I had to do was cherry-picking
some patches[2] that luckily applied cleanly.

I'd like to ask everyone here (and please pass this request to those who
are not yet subscribed) to take more care when you upgrade something.
Especially if the upgraded software depends on components (kernel in
this case) that may differ between profiles.

BTW. Why do we have separate kernels for IVI and mobile?

[1] https://review.tizen.org/git/?p=platform/kernel/linux-3.10.git;a=summary
[2] https://review.tizen.org/gerrit/14039 and 14 below
--
Łukasz Stelmach